Monday, September 20, 2010

Thankful

I just want to remember a wonderful woman today, Barbara Griffing. Barb passed away this morning in Port Charlotte, Florida. She was the mother of a great friend of mine, Morgan. Barb had been battling cancer since 2003 if I remember correctly. I've been friends with Morgan since the 9th grade. Morgan and I have more silly memories than I can count. Her family always welcomed me into their home. My favorite memory of Barb is when she gave me a B-52 (yep, the alcoholic drink) on my 16th birthday. Before I went ice skating. (I can imagine her laughing at that right now.) I'm so sad for Morgan, her dad, and her brother. I am pretty bummed out but trying to remember to be thankful for those we love. I'm so thankful for my husband and doggie right now.

No comments: