Thursday, September 2, 2010

Cool Site and Cookies

Our Aunt Marcia (yep, I have a BIG family now that I've wed a DiVerde!) suggested this cool site: New Dress a Day.
Also, I keep forgetting to write about the butter cookies I made! They were from my very wonderful Martha Stewart cookbook I got for our wedding from my dear friend Sheli. They were called "French Butter Cookies" but probably not exactly like the ones in France. To me they were like a yummy homemade version of those cookies they sell around Christmas in the blue tins. Jim loves them! So simple and buttery.
Also, our BLTs and bread both turned out really well. Check out the Siamese loaves above. I par baked one (after I detached them; luckily no shared organs) and froze it. The plan will be to thaw it and finish baking it another time. I thought it could use more salt, but Jim said, "Your best bread yet!" I replenished the sourdough starter and can finally put it in the fridge today. Isn't yeast an amazing little creature and weren't the first humans who used it smart? Or just hungry for beer and bread. Either way, I like it.

No comments: