Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Feels Like Fall

The leaves are starting to change here and the air feels a bit more like fall (even though I see it's getting up to 80 on Saturday.) I'm planning on making chili (a new Martha Stewart recipe from this month's Living) and ginger snaps this weekend to get into the fall mood. I folded up my summer clothes but haven't packed them away yet. Good bye sun dresses! Where did the time go? After work I took Trooper on a jog. He made it 30 minutes! I think he was still riding his energy high from Jim and I both getting home at the same time. (He's always so happy to see us!) Jim's making chicken cordon bleu for dinner (such a great recipe!) and I made carrots and rice pilaf. Should be yummy! Tomorrow it's back to work at the real estate office (last day at this job is Friday) and I think I'm going to get a drink with our friend Amy after work. I'm looking forward to the weekend as it's supposed to be nice and sunny. Trooper and I will be outside a lot; I promised him at least two trips to the dog park. Last night we went and Jim met us there on his bike ride home from the bar (yep, where he'd had a beer and a shot of tequila.) Trooper was SO excited to see him. Well, when Jim was parking his bike, another guy rode by on a bike and Trooper must have thought it was Jim. Trooper tried to chase him the whole length of the fence. I was worried he'd try to jump it! But then he saw Jim again and all was good. The best news of the day is that Jim's mom Karen and Dave have bought tickets to come visit us for a long weekend in November!! We are so happy to have them. Karen, get ready for your winery tour!

No comments: