Wednesday, September 1, 2010

September is Upon Us

We have been here for three weeks and one day. Still not too much new other than my usually daily job search, baking, painting, crafting, etc. While I type this, I am waiting for my sourdough bread to rise. The sourdough starter said to let it ferment for 5-10 days. I waited the whole 10 days, so it should be pretty darn sour!
I was going to get my OR driver's license today, but when I called they said it was $65 to get it! I thought it'd be a good time since it may take awhile at the DMV, but looks like I'll be waiting until I get a job to afford that. Oregon doesn't have any sales tax, so they must have to get their revenue other places.
I stopped in another fabric store I saw, Piece by Piece. They had such beautiful fabrics! The women were super friendly. There was even a group sewing together in the back. I took a pamphlet for sewing classes and plan on signing up for some once I find a job. After I went to the library.
While I was gone Trooper managed to bend his crate with his teeth. I know he hates being in there and hope he doesn't hurt himself trying to escape. I stood outside the door and listened to him howl and bark and throw his body against the crate. I hope our neighbors don't complain! I also hope he doesn't bend the crate anymore and make his Great Escape.
Now I'm just awaiting my bread. The hope is to have BLTs for dinner using the fresh bread. Let's hope I don't have to make run to the grocery store for bread!
On Friday I have an interview with Big Brothers Big Sisters to be a volunteer mentor. I am hoping they want me! On Saturday we are going to an law school alumni event before the first Duck's football game. We don't actually have tickets to the game. To get a spouse ticket we need to show them our marriage license (which I need to order.) On Sunday we are going to drive up the coast to Newport, home of Rogue brewing company. We are taking Trooper for the day. Next weekend the plan is to head up to Seattle (with Trooper, of course!) to see our beloved Jojo. I am really looking forward to seeing an Illinois friend.
Okay, I knead to check my bread. HA! Will post pics of it if it turns out well!

No comments: