Saturday, September 18, 2010

It's started to rain!



This is a cutting from a plant that died on the journey from Illinois to Oregon. Jim's had the plant for a long time and it really flourished in Illinois under my care. We threw the mostly dead one out and I'm hoping to start this one here.

Yesterday was my second day of temping. It was fine, more copying, making things on the computer, answering phones, etc. The assistant is on vacation next week, so the owner asked me back on Monday. He may need me more next week, but it seems like he'll just go on a day to day basis.

For those of you who don't know, my wonderful husband turns the big 30 in two weeks. I've presented him with a list of birthday celebration options. He always says, "We don't need to make a big deal" BUT I think it's a big deal. Especially since we are away from his family and old friends. So we may go to lunch at one of the wineries here.

Jim has his first exam on Tuesday and is studying away. There's a football game today, so he may have to go to campus to work if it gets noisy (of if I talk to him too much!)

Trooper hasn't been to amused by the rain. It's starting to rain more and he often doesn't like to go out and get wet. Sometimes we have to drag him outside! But this morning he walked with me for 45 minutes. Everyone is tailgating and I think he liked seeing all of the people. If it stops raining I'm hoping to take him to the dog park to run around. He needs to get used to the rain. I may even jog in the rain this weekend. (I need to get used to it too!)

I signed up for a sewing class in October. It's a simple pouch with a zipper and was very inexpensive. I take my own sewing machine. I am looking forward to having a person show me how to sew in a zipper. There are a few classes that sound neat to me at this shop, but I'll have to see how the temp work goes before I sign up for more.

I'm making a new stuffed pepper recipe tonight (from Food and Wine magazine.) You stuff them with sausage and bread and other fun stuff. Instead of baking them, you simmer them in tomato sauce and chicken broth. I'll let everyone know how it goes!

1 comment:

lyndsey said...

How are your Seattle desert rose succulents doing? Have you planted them in dirt yet? :) I was so impressed that you remembered to take them with you, but forgot your delicious steak! Miss you on my walks - now it's just me to appreciate all of the varied flowers... If you get out in the rain often you will learn to love (and dance or at least laugh) in it. Woody wasn't so fond of it either until I took him on a walk with a very enthusiastic lady pitbull and that made him LOVE the rain pretty quickly ;) Hoping to see you guys soon!!!