Friday, September 3, 2010

Labor Day Starts

Today was my interview with Big Brothers and Big Sisters. As long as I pass the background check and send in all of my materials, I will be a mentor! It sounds like a really neat program. The training is at the end of September. They do a lot of fun stuff with the kids, like white water rafting (don't tell my hubbie after my adventures in Denver!), bowling, sailing and fishing, and other fun things.
Last night Jim took a well deserved break! He studied at school all day and then we took Trooper to the dog park and made eggplant parm sandwiches together. We watched The Wire (which I like 90% of the time but don't like the violence) and Big Love. It was nice and of course our hard worker was up and reading early before school.
Tonight we are going to a birthday party for one of Jim's fellow students at the complex across the street. Tomorrow is our alumni event before the football game, so I picked up a duck shirt and Jim is going to after school.
I think Trooper and I shall head to the park for awhile to sit in the shade and people watch.

No comments: