Sunday, September 12, 2010

Fun Times in Seattle





This weekend we drove up to Seattle. We left Friday afternoon and had a pretty easy drive up with only a little traffic. When we got in, we went to dinner at a brewery with Joe, Dan, and their friend. The beer was really good and I had an excellent bacon and blue cheese burger. After we went back to Joe's house to hang out. On Saturday, we woke up and eventually made our way to brunch at a place called Calamity Jane's. Even though food took a long time, it was really yummy. I had Johnny Cake's, which were basically pancakes with corn meal. Jim had a really good corned beef hash (one of his faves!) Then we went with Lyndsey to go meet a dog she will be fostering. His name is Woody and he's a rescued street dog from Taiwan. He was so cute! Then we went over to Pike's Place Market. Joe and Lyndsey stayed with the doggie, so Jim and I walked around the market. It was really crowded but really neat. When we first got there, we saw the cutest Australian Shepard puppy. Oh my gosh, he was a tiny ball of fur. So cute! We walked around a bit. We saw the seafood guys, and no one bought a big fish, but they did throw around some smaller fishy things. Jim bought me a dahlia for a dollar, which we gave to Joe and Lyndsey. We looked around a bit and bought fresh donuts (so good!) Then we headed back to Joe's house. Lyndsey and I took a really nice walk around the neighborhood, taking photos and looking around. People in Seattle grow veggies and herbs in every nook they can find. I love it! There was rosemary growing all over! Some people even had corn growing in their front yard. There were also a ton of interesting flowers. That night Joe grilled us some amazing steak. It was such a fun dinner. Oh, and Trooper LOVED Joe's dog Debbie. I think he's in love with her. This morning I made us all breakfast and then Jim and I headed home. Trooper and I are relaxing, I'm drinking some chocolate milk, and Jim's studying away. Tomorrow I have a meeting with someone who works in the HR department at the UO campus. I'm hoping she can look over my resume and give me some more suggestions for my job search. Next week I'm also going to start volunteering with a group that teaches children in the public schools how to garden. My Big Brothers Big Sisters training isn't until Sept 27, so I'll be glad to have something else to take part in.

No comments: