Saturday, September 25, 2010

Domestic Day


I just pulled these ginger snaps (a la Ina, of course) out of the oven. I wish I could share the spicy smell of our kitchen right now. While they were baking I was using my sewing machine. Domestic diva to the max!



The goods I bought at the Saturday Market. I was glad to have Jim along to carry the heavy basket!


Last night after work Jim and I went out for a few drinks with some of his friends from school. It was pretty fun, even after a long week of work. We went to see a funk band and on the walk to our car tried Voodoo Donuts, supposedly a Portland legend. They were pretty tasty.
This morning we tried a cute coffee shop I pass every morning, Vero. They have a nice patio (so Trooper came along, of course!) and serve Stumptown Coffee (Jim's new fave after Joey Benson gave us some as a part of our wedding gift.) We then went over to the Saturday Market (see above.) I intended to only get ingredients for tonight's chili, but got a bit carried away.
This afternoon I went to Piece by Piece fabrics for their sale. They have so many beautiful fabrics it's slightly overwhelming. It's visual overload of beautiful colors and it makes it hard to pick just one or two. But I did, and I have a few goals for Christmas gifts. I'm sure one day I'll be like the women whose blogs I read with piles of fabrics organized by color.
I'm making the chicken chili that's in this month's Martha Living. It's simmering on the stove right now and it smells pretty darn good. The plan is to have the leftovers as nachos tomorrow for lunch.
Jim's going to watch the Ducks game this evening and I'll pretend to watch a little while I busy myself with other things. Mainly I'm just looking forward to a nice night together. In a bit I may take Trooper for a jog and enjoy the sunshine.

No comments: