Monday, September 13, 2010

Shepard's Pie Night

Right now I have a Shepard's Pie in the oven. We saw one in Seattle that had mashed cauliflower on top. I made it with half potatoes half cauliflower. Hopefully it will be pretty good! This morning I met with an HR person at the UO campus. I'd emailed her asking for a meeting and it was really nice of her to take time from her work day to meet with me. She looked over my resume and kept a copy for herself. I also made an appointment at a temp agency in town for tomorrow. On Thursday I am going to start volunteering with the School Garden Project. The coordinator sounded really nice and I'm looking forward to gardening with the kids. There is a really nice family in the building next to ours and the two kids are around 4 and 5 years old. They love Trooper, and tonight after Jim was home, he heard a knocking at the door. He said, "There are some kids at the door." It was my little friends asking if Trooper could come out and play! So funny! I was going to make dinner at that moment, but the kids were so darn cute that I went down and let them play with Trooper for a bit. I think he still misses Debbie. Poor pup was in love. I bought him a pork femur for later, hopefully that will make him forget his woman troubles. Oh, and season premiere of Gossip Girl tonight! I think Jim's excited (he claims he likes the show for the "hot women"). I have both a bottle of wine and a dark chocolate bar for that event. Yep, I'm nearing thirty and watching GG.

No comments: