Sunday, April 10, 2011

Weekend in Pictures


This picture is out of order, but I'm not savvy enough to figure out how to rearrange my pictures on my blog. Can you see the heart shaped egg? This morning I made eggs in a nest. Jim asked how I knew about eggs in a nest. I said they made them on V for Vendetta. And I saw the heart shape cut out on Martha Stewart.


We made it to see the exhibit on campus yesterday. It was fun. UO is an arboretum, so there are tons of cool trees. But they aren't labeled, so I have no idea what this tree is.


This was also on campus, and I believe it's a cherry tree, as there are tons flowering here right now. I liked how it looked dead but had flowers popping out.


When we got home Jim made my fave dinner: cheeseburgers! And a cold IPA.


We stopped at the Healthy Pet and bought Trooper new goods. We are avoiding poultry, beef, and grains, as those are common dog allergies, just in case. We decided on a salmon diet and will mix in other foods as appropriate. We bought a liquid nettle to put on his food, which is supposed to be a natural antihistamine. I'm also putting fish oil on his food again. And the best thing we bought was this elk antler. They are pretty tough and don't hurt their tummies like rawhide. Pup hasn't had a chewie in months, so he went NUTS!

In fact, he fell asleep like this. (I just wish this wasn't blurry!)



Jim has spent this lovely Sunday at the library. Trooper and I took an hour long walk and then a 30 minute jog. We learned that this tree at the bottom of our stairs is a Mt. Fuji Flowering Japanese Cherry Tree. There is a garden near here with labeled trees. I appreciate tree labels. Anyway, I am obsessed with this tree. I like how the moss and lichens are growing on it.


Too much exercise? Soaking up the rays while napping on the balcony.


This is Trooper's new food. He gets mostly dry food, but we like to have some wet to put any medicines in and give him a treat. We're integrating it very slowly as to not upset his tummy. Jim likes the label and imagines that Trooper will feel like those wolves while eating it. Then he'll chew on his elk antler. What a wild animal.

No comments: