Sunday, April 3, 2011

Successful Weekend!

Another lovely Sunday evening to finish our weekend. What did we do? On Friday evening, a few gals came over and we watched Morning Glory. It was cute, but I fell asleep before it was half way over. (Falling asleep during movies is kind of my thing.) Yesterday I took my Little Sister bowling and to McDonald's. (I'm sure you all know my frustration with that. She will only eat Happy Meals. I can't bring myself to eat there, but if it makes her happy and gets food in her tummy, I give in.) Then Jim joined me for the first Saturday Market! Eugene's Saturday Market is at least three blocks (one produce/ food, one crafts, one food court). It started pouring but we still bought Indian food and ate in the rain/ sun breaks. There weren't a lot of fruits and veggies and flowers out yet, as it's all seasonal, but the local characters were out in full force. Men in dreadlocks playing the accordion, etc. After that, we had a few beers at one of our favorite bars, The Bier Stein, with some lovely friends. When we got home, I made dinner and fell asleep during another movie (surprise!) Today was sunny (great, but looks to be the last sunny day for a few days), so a friend and I took our pups running. Not just running, but running on a trail with many hills. It was intense. I thought I was in good shape, but hill running is another story. Trooper did great. We went 3.2 miles, and at the end he was a slow poke. He'll be getting a little extra kibble tonight. On the way home we treated ourselves with a stop at an awesome bakery in town, Sweet Life. Now I'm just drinking my wine while a paella I made for dinner is simmering on the stove. Trooper had a bath and is sleeping, and Jim's reading getting ready for the week. Hopefully tomorrow will be a Happy Monday!

No comments: