Saturday, April 9, 2011

Nature Day

The sun is shining and it's gorgeous out. I woke up and went on a run. Then I took my Little Sister to a program at a park in Eugene. It was called Walk on the Wild Side and was hosted by Nearby Nature. It was so much fun! They had snakes and lizards for kids to see, craft tables, a garden walk, story time, and snacks, for $5 a family. My LS did all of the crafts and even touched one of the snakes. She saw a peacock for the first time in her life. It's interesting to see her compared to other kids. On the way to the park, she didn't know what month comes after April. Then when we were making crafts, this boy that looked no older than four told his mom he was drawing a Phoenix. I tried to give her a healthy lunch by packing tuna sandwiches and apple slices, but she wouldn't eat. She kept saying she wasn't hungry, so I returned her to her mom at 1 with no lunch. I even bought her natural Sierra Mist (no high fructose corn syrup!) but she wouldn't drink it.
After I dropped her off, I took Trooper and his best pal to the dog park. They ran around for about an hour. Now he's pooped and soaking up some sun on the balcony.
The vet has recommended that Trooper goes off the limited diet until we can do allergy tests. He's still itching and the diet doesn't seem to be helping. Yay to eggs and chicken and treats again! There's a wonderful pet store in town, The Healthy Pet, that's owned by a vet. They recommended a few herbal supplements to try to work as a natural antihistamine. I would like to try that for a few months. He's itching a lot and Jim gives him treatments every day of hot spot spray, antihistamine cream, gold bond powder, soaks his paws in salt water, etc. I hope that lil mutt knows how much he's loved around here!
I am hoping to go check out the art museum on campus this afternoon. I'd like to savor this lovely Saturday as much as I can, as I think the rain is back tomorrow. Such is life in the Pacific Northwest.

1 comment:

smithktroll said...

Yeah for days of Sunshine!