Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Hot Spot

Well, the herbal remedy does NOT seem to be working. Jim noticed a really bad hot spot on Troopie today. So bad that it was bleeding. Luckily Jim was home and was able to clean it right away. He called the allergist, but Trooper can't get in until April 25th. He was scratching all night. If the spot doesn't look better we may have to go to the regular vet in the mean time to avoid any infections. We started the Zyrtec again and hope that will help. Damn that nettle. We did kind of feel like we were teaching Potions at Hogwarts when we put it on his dinner. I made Trooper run for 45 minutes tonight, so he's tuckered out now. He's also been getting really bad eye boogers. Gross. We were wondering if those are part of his allergic reaction to. I just want him to be comfy cozy.
I made a new flatbread dinner tonight. I bought garlic naan at TJ's, and made a little flatbread pizza thing. I put cheese, sauteed onions, greens, white beans, and shrimp on the bread and baked it until the cheese melted. I thought it was tasty and healthy. Nothing mind blowing, but I like to mix it up.
I have been watching the show Parenthood. I love it! I don't even have children and find the stories and characters really interesting. Jim's reading away and I'm about to put the DVD in until I fall asleep. Trooper is sleeping and hopefully getting some relief. (He is anxious if we do things in separate rooms at night. When we both are in the same room, he passes out.)
Have a Happy Wednesday, readers!

1 comment:

smithktroll said...

Poor little Trooper. Love Parenthood! Maybe Trooper will be better in the summer.