Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tuesday

I couldn't think of anything more exciting than that to title this blog. We are just getting through the week as usual. Trooper and I are both still recovering from our hill run on Sunday. At around 8pm that night he jumped off the couch, looked at us, and ran in to bed. What a goof. I took him on a 40 minute run today and he's curled up like a fox with his tail over his nose.
Not too many exciting recipes so far this week. I made halibut sandwiches for dinner. I buy Trader Joe's beer battered halibut (so yummy), and Jim loves when I put the fish on a hoagie bun with melted cheese, tomato, and tartar sauce. We do pretty much the same thing with Trader Joe's Breaded Eggplant. (Just no tarter sauce.) Jim likes complex carbs. A lot. And I gave him potatoes on the side. Carb party.
In other good news, I bought tickets to Florida for the week of August 13- 20. I'm heading there to meet my new teeny niecie in Mt. Dora. I will also work in a whirlwind visit to my other friends and family in Florida since I am making the long journey. (It's seriously like traveling internationally to go to Florida from Oregon.) I am already counting down the days until my vacation.
Jim went to see a house for rent today. We are hoping to not have to share walls with anyone next year. The house was apparently dirty and gross. We'll keep looking. If the heavens are shining on us, we'd also like a fenced in yard. One sweet day we shall! And a garden area. Now I'm just getting greedy. We'll get there eventually!
Tomorrow we've made it half way through the week. Thursday night I am hosting my first Book Club meeting! I'm so excited. We are going to have between four and eight gals. Fun!

No comments: