Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Hump Day


I think I've blogged before about Jim's love of Giada's Spaghetti Carbonara. On Sunday, when I came home with the groceries, he saw pancetta and got all excited. I told him that I'd actually intended for that to be used in a soup and he looked sad. So, I rearranged our week's menus and made him his fave dish tonight. Giada doesn't call for the pancetta, but I now can't imagine it without it.

I went to snap this picture when Trooper was sleeping, but he woke up. It's still darn cute. That's his elk antler that he fell asleep on. Poor pup is still itchy. I didn't think the Zyrtec was working until he went off of it for a few days. He's back on and I think it's helping again. He'd scratched a spot raw on his back. We heard him whimpering when he was trying to scratch himself. How heartbreaking. Jim's been the best puppy dad and is cleaning it a few times a day. He said that the first time he disinfected it, Trooper snarled at him and looked like, oh I want to bite you, but I won't because I love you. I'm looking forward to his allergist appointment and hoping he'll get some relief. For now, he's sleeping on his doggie pillow. I took him on a short jog after work, and then he was my shadow. Sewing? On the floor at my feet. Walk to the kitchen? Right at my ankles. I said he's the Garfunkel to my Simon.

Does anyone else count down to the weekends? I am trying to make an effort to not do that. I am worried that one day I'll realize, why did I count down to the weekends and not just enjoy every day? We'll see how that goes.

No comments: