Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Good Bye, Roaring Twenties!

I am officially finishing out the last days of my twenties. I'm not too sad about turning 30. I've mostly been trying to think of what I did on my twentieth birthday in 2001. I was on vacation from school (University of Florida) and I think I went to Venice Beach with Vanessa and Maike. Maybe they can remember :) I did a lot in my twenties and am proud of how much I accomplished in a very fun decade. I finished two degrees in two states, traveled a bit, made a ton of new friends had quite a few jobs, and married my best pal and moved across the country with him. (With a lot of silly antics thrown in there.) I am sure my thirties will be just as great.

We received an AWESOME surprise today: two Lou Malnati's Chicago Deep Dish Pizzas!!! We ate the sausage one for dinner; it was so good! Our friends Doug and Becky sent it to us! Such a generous gift.

We have a few guests arriving this week. Megan is flying in on Thursday night and staying until Monday and our friends Scott and Milena are driving up from visiting family in California. I am thankful I have such awesome friends that will travel across continents to spend my birthday with me. It should be a fun weekend.

Jim volunteered with Food for Lane County today at their Grass Roots garden. He was out in the chilly rain for five hours, shoveling compost. What a guy, doing manual labor for free on his day off. He seems pooped and LOVED having a pizza at the end of a hard day. He and Trooper are playing while watching James Bond (a nice man's night.)

There is talk of snow tonight. Less than an inch but the news is already freaking out about it. Even a small dusting gets everyone worked up here! I hope it snows!!

No comments: