Saturday, December 4, 2010

Saturday

Well, a lot was accomplished today. Last night I bought us burritos for dinner. Jim didn't have classes on Thursday or Friday, as they are reading (or study) days. I ordered us take out from Laughing Planet, which was really yummy. This morning Jim woke up at 6:30am, did his work out, and then went to the library until around 4pm. He took a break at dinner time and is back to studying at our kitchen table. His first exam is on Tuesday at 1:30pm. Since yesterday, we've done five loads of laundry for our house. We keep putting off buying our own washer and dryer, so we haul our clothes over to the laundry room. When I woke up this morning it was actually sunny outside! So I finished breakfast and took Trooper over to the dog park while it was nice out. He ran, chased dogs, humped dogs, etc. After lunch I took my Little Sister to the YMCA. We get in for free and she LOVED it. The Ducks game was on, so it was pretty dead. We played "racquetball" or her version, which just involved her hitting the ball a lot and declaring random scores (she won :) surprisingly.) We went in the shallow pool and then she decided it was time for racquetball again. Then basketball. She has a lot of energy and a shorter attention span. I learned two things about her: she can't tie her shoes and she's never had a granola bar. I guess I'm broadening her horizons in ways I never realized. I made shrimp etouffee for dinner and it was really good. I'm really excited to have a whole day to myself tomorrow with very little on the agenda, although I know it will fill up fast. Oh, and I just took some thumbprint cookies out of the oven! I have to keep Jim well nourished during finals!

No comments: