Saturday, December 18, 2010

Arts and Crafts Day


I ordered these from Namemaker.com! I love them.


Trooper loves his post so much, he doesn't get down when he's tired. If you're wondering why this chair is covered in blankets, it's so it doesn't get dirty from the never ending mud and dirt that gets tracked in on the never ending rainy days.


I made this at our Big Brothers Big Sisters craft day.

We've had a fun few days! Jim is relaxing and helping out a lot around the house. He's been reading for fun (imagine that!) and making me dinner, cleaning, etc. On Thursday night we went over to some friends' house. Trooper came but was a little nutty. They have a dog who is still kind of a puppy. We also set out appetizers on a coffee table. Bacon and little hot dogs were driving him crazy! But it was still fun. Last night after work we ordered a pizza. It was no Chicago pizza, but I enjoyed it. Then we went over to another friends' house to have a drink and meet their cat, who we will be checking on over the break. Everyone else is on vacation but both nights I was the party pooper who was tired from working all week! Today I got out the last of my Christmas packages. I was relieved but the postage made me realize, once again, how far away we live from friends and family. I imagined my little packages covering the entire continent to get to New York, Florida, Illinois, Ohio, etc. Then I took my Little Sister to a place called MECCA, for an arts and crafts day with Big Brothers Big Sisters. She made cards for her mom and brother. She seemed to have fun. I also gave her a framed picture of us together for Christmas, and I think she liked it. Right now I am sitting on our chair while Jim makes marinara sauce to make dinners this week. Trooper is on our couch, which sounds like it's about to break again. Our not so sturdy Ikea couch broke in April. Jim used Gorilla Glue and a clamp to repair it, but we can hear it cracking under our weight every time we sit down, and one of the areas is bending under the pressure. We have wanted a new, comfy couch for awhile and may have to break down and get one. We've had our Ikea not so comfy not long enough for Jim to stretch out on couch for three years, so maybe it's served its time. Jim is going out with some friends later but I already have my jammies on and got Funny Face from Netflix. And a bottle of wine and my doggie. What more could a gal want on a Saturday night? We're still heading to Portland tomorrow. No offense, other humans, but I'm really excited to have a full day of just Jim and I on a little adventure. I'll post pics tomorrow!

No comments: