Monday, January 3, 2011

Hello, Thirties!


Sorry, blog readers, I'm back! We had a very busy and fun weekend. Megan flew in to Portland on Thursday night. We got home around 1am and I had to work the next morning. But Megan is of course worth it! On Friday Jim and Megan came to eat lunch with me. Around 3:30 my boss emailed me (I was the only one in the office) and let me leave early. Yay! A funny side story that happened after work on Friday: Megan and I were walking Trooper and a couple stopped us and asked if they could take a picture with him! He is a handsome dog. Scott and Milena arrived Friday and we went out to the bar with other friends. On Saturday Scott and Milena drove to Portland. In the morning we took the dogs to the dog park (Oliver was here too!) and then Megan and I went shopping while Jim made a chuck roast for dinner. It was actually a recipe that my friend Vanessa referred to me from The Pioneer Woman. And then Sunday was my birthday!!! Megan and I went for massages in the morning (so relaxing) and when we came home, there were pink streamers and balloons up! Jim made me me a wonderful pink cake. When it was done we took the dogs on a walk in the woods. Sunday evening we went to dinner and there were 14 people there for me! We went to a cheeseburger place that I really like, Dickie Jo's. It was pretty yummy. Then almost everyone from dinner came over and had cake and ice cream and cocktails, including sparkling white wine. I was very spoiled on my birthday. We also get to celebrate in February, as my gift from Jim was that we are going to see Legally Blond The Musical! It was a great weekend. I was bummed when it ended. Jim took Megan to Portland today (but they did stop to eat with me before they left.) I am exhausted but still took my Little Sister to the YMCA after work. Tomorrow night is my last night in Eugene before we leave to fly out of Seattle. I'm excited to see everyone in Illinois but already sad to leave Trooper for the weekend. I'm going to miss that little angel!

No comments: