Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas Cheer


Our stockings are up! I made this one for Jim and that's mine from when I was little. It's hard to see, but that's also a picture from our first Christmas together. Back in 2004. Yikes!

What's Christmas without cookies??

I couldn't wait for Jim to be done with finals to put up our tree! Usually he helps me decorate, but this year I had help from Trooper and a glass of wine.

I decided that I didn't need Jim to pick out our Christmas tree! (I did call home to confirm he'd help me carry the tree upstairs and put it in the stand. Which he did!) I picked a 6 foot one out at the Boy Scouts tree sale. I just finished decorating it. Jim's at the library and I even put the lights up by myself! I love looking at the decorations we have, even if it isn't a ton. I even put on Christmas music (my favorite album is Phil Spector's Christmas album (I think it's called a Christmas Gift For You. It's very awesome, even his creepy voice during Silent Night.)) I put more cookies in the oven. Martha Stewart has good cookie variations this month. Last night I made a small batch of thumbprints. I ate 2 and Jim ate 11, so I made 13 more, this time marble cookies. Trooper went for a jog and got a bath today, so he's sleeping soundly. He's still itching, but I did buy hypoallergenic soothing shampoo and fish oil to start putting on his food, so I'm hoping those will help. Maybe he's allergic to the Pacific Northwest. We are having a couple over for dinner tomorrow (a guy who is in Jim's section and his fiancee) to help them destress on the eve of their first final. (Is that possible?) I made Ina's lasagna today to pop in the oven tomorrow. (Kind of my go to meal!) I made pulled pork for dinner tonight. I make my own BBQ sauce and cook the pork in the Crock Pot all day. Then I put cole slaw on top of it on the sandwich. It's ridiculously good!

No comments: