Thursday, December 2, 2010

Warm Puppy


Almost every night when I come home from work, I walk up and look up in our living room window to see a little doggie face waiting for me. Then I see him jump off the chair. If Jim's home, he runs to "woof" at Jim to tell him I'm coming. Then he grabs a slipper or a dog toy in his mouth to greet me. (He's been really into slippers lately.) In the morning when I leave, Trooper (and usually Jim) is looking out the window and waving at me (with Jim's help of course.) I know my dog is just a little Canis familiaris, but he's a lot more to me. Jim's at the library and then he has a Green Business Initiative meeting. I think this is the second time this week I've had dinner alone, but I'm not really alone with my pup. I still have a cold or something and can't wait for the weekend. I made Trader Joe's Mandarin Orange Chicken for dinner (TJ's is really a working gal's best friend.) Trooper is chewing on his bone right now and we're hoping we'll still be awake when Jim gets home (not likely!)

2 comments:

James Marshall Stack said...

I promise I'll make it up to you.

Amanda said...

I ain't mad atcha! :)