Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Week

I've been really spoiled since Jim's been on vacation. He's been driving me to work so he can use the car. Then I come home and do my workout and he has dinner all ready for me. I'm sitting on the couch drinking wine and Trooper's sleeping on the chair. We are listening to my very favorite Christmas albums, the Phil Spector one. Last night Jim made a really good dish, Tyler Florence's stuffed pork chops. The prosciutto inside is a really fun little treat. I took that and some eggplant from the other night for my lunch. Tonight he's making Ina's mustard roasted fish. He goes back to school around January 18th or so, so I can't get used to this royal treatment! We bought a ham at Trader Joe's for Christmas dinner. We are having one of my coworkers over who doesn't have any family in the area. I'm also making potatoes au gratin and a new recipe, chipotle twice baked sweet potatoes. I generally love all things sweet potato, so I'm hoping these will be a hit. We went to a local store, Curious K9, and bought Trooper some frozen beef bones for Christmas. I'm so excited to give that little guy his gift! It's our first Christmas with Trooper and as a married couple. We're really going to miss our friends and family. Okay, Jim just said that my dinner is ready!

No comments: