Sunday, December 19, 2010

Portland


As planned, we woke up and drove to Portland. Well, we took our time getting out the door. While we were busy minding our own business and eating our oatmeal, Trooper ate the sole out of one of my work shoes in our bedroom! Bad dog! He knew I was mad and put his little head on my leg. I took him on a 40 minute walk to work out his energy before we left for the day. He's never done anything like that before. So we drove up and the sun was actually out! It took about 2 hours to get there. We first went to Powell's Books. It's three stories and sells new and used books. It was giant. I had a few books in mind to get, but Jim told me that Santa may be getting some of them. So I picked three that Santa wasn't likely to bring. One on embroidery and two used novels. Then we walked to a brewery/ pub and had lunch. I had an elk burger and sweet potato fries and a glass of wine and Jim had falafel. It was really good and just fun to eat out together. After lunch we went into the Anthropologie we'd spotted. Oh, beautiful goods. It was packed with Christmas shoppers. I tried on a few things while Jim sat on a couch playing on his iPhone. Then the frugal side of me put the clothes back and we left. It was still fun to browse. We found a Stumptown Coffee (one of our new favorite kinds of coffee) and each got a coffee (decaf for me) and headed to the car. It was a fun day but we were eager to get home to our house and puppy. A half hour into the ride the rain started again, but by the time we got home it was clear and still light, so I took Trooper for a jog to wear him out. I think we are just having curry and tofu for dinner (after the elk lunch.) Back to work tomorrow!

No comments: