Sunday, October 3, 2010

A Walk in the Woods



Today was the last day of celebrating Jim's birthday. I think I like his birthday more than him. We ran errands this morning. The best part for him was getting his bike fixed. He'd been riding his road bike to school and it isn't quite made for that. He also bought me a bike bell while we were there! The most fun event of the day was going to Spencer Butte, a park in the south part of Eugene. We took a 2 mile hike and walked up to about 2,000 feet in elevation. It was cloudy so we didn't see out too far, but it was a nice view. I was told that when it's clear you can see the Cascades well. Trooper loved hiking! He seems to like to explore. He would've kept hiking had we let him. He just bounces along, happy to be on an adventure with us. For dinner tonight I made shrimp and grits, a family fave here. I was so excited to eat that I didn't even grab the camera! Now it's time for a cupcake and Werner Herzog (if you've ever seen his films, you can bet it will go well with a cupcake.) Also, thank you to my anonymous donor who gave to my Breast Cancer run fund (you know who you are!) If you'd like to donate, see my link in the September post. Thanks!!

No comments: