Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Itchy Puppy

Trooper has been itching like crazy. He hasn't slept through the night and has woken us up at 5am a few times. This morning Jim was playing with Troop and noticed he had a rash on his neck and underarms. Poor pup was all red! So he called the vet and we made a 5pm appt. Luckily my job is really nice and let me leave early. We took him to the vet and he thought it was a food allergy. So we bought some antihistamines and new food. I was worried about him all day. I can't imagine what parents must feel like. But eventually kids can tell you what's wrong, whereas a doggie can't. The vet and vet techs loved Trooper, of course.
In other news, Big Brothers Big Sisters called me today and think they have found a youth for me! I'm really excited! Because of my work schedule, I can't meet with them until next Tuesday evening. They didn't give me any info over the phone.
Tomorrow evening I have plans to go on a doggie walk with a girl I met whose fiance is in law school after work. I think she's also going with me to the Howl-o-ween party on Saturday (a doggie costume party!). Sunday is a mushroom festival at Mt. Pigsah Arboretum. Let's hope it's not raining too hard!

No comments: