Monday, October 4, 2010

Monday

Where did today go? Doing laundry, I think! Not really, but we did spend most of the morning doing laundry. We are still waiting on Jim's GI Bill reimbursement (he filed in July!) and when that comes in we are hoping to buy a used washer and dryer. We are spending over $10 a week in quarters on laundry and have to carry it over to the laundry room. It's better than having to go to a laundry mat, but we are spending a lot. We have a W/D hookup in our closet. Today I helped at a volunteer fair for Big Brothers Big Sisters recruiting undergrads. I rode my bike to campus early and had lunch with Jim in the law school courtyard. It was almost too cold out to eat outdoors. It really felt like fall today. The leaves are changing. I've put out my small amount of Halloween decor and a pumpkin spice candle. When we work our way through the cupcakes I'll think about making pumpkin bars (another one of Jim's favorites.) I received an email reminding me about the Pumpkin Fest 10K in Sycamore. We'll miss running in that one! I love Sycamore because people ask if you're going to fly back for Pumpkin Fest. Maybe I'll run 6.2 miles in Sycamore's honor and have Jim give me a beer at the end like at PFest. Trooper was really nutty today so I took him on an hour walk when I got home. I'm making Ina's mustard roasted fish for dinner and will settle in with some red wine and Gossip Girl a little later. We also have to finish Encounters at the End of the World (or something like that), a Werner Herzog movie. It's interesting thus far though not quite as crazy as Grizzly Man. It also made me realize that our map of the world shower curtain is MISSING Antarctica. WTF? Otherwise I'm still applying for jobs. Today I accidentally applied for one for people with developmental disorders. I was a bit confused when they emailed me back asking what my disorder was. I'm sure I have one somewhere so hire me!!

No comments: