Friday, October 15, 2010

Mom and Dog Night

It's been a busy week! Last night I was invited to watch Grey's Anatomy with a few other girls. I haven't watched that show in a few years but was happy to have an excuse to hang out with some nice girls. I was out until 10:15pm! I had a good time watching tv and drinking wine and was told I could wear my sweats or jammies next week. Sounds good to me! Jim went up to Portland this evening to see a senator speak. He left for school at 10am and went straight from there. Luckily he found a ride as I needed the car for work. After work I took Trooper for a jog. It was a long day in the crate for him, poor pup. He loved the jog. We stopped at the dog park. (Last night he had so much fun at the dog park we almost had to pull him home. He mainly wanted to hump a small male beagle, but he was having fun no less. His mommy loves him no matter what his sexual orientation.) Then we jogged home. He has been SO playful all evening. I took him in the car to Chipotle to get a burrito. All he's wanted to do is RUN, RUN, and PLAY! When he wants to play he grabs a shoe or slipper and RUNS with it in his mouth through the apartment. I tried to play with him but I know I don't play as rough as Jim does. He's finally sleeping on his little doggie pillow right now while I type. I did a little bit of sewing. While drinking wine. (Is that a good plan?) I was going to take a sewing class on Monday, but had to cancel due to my current temp job. The store was really nice and gave me store credit, so I am hoping to take a Saturday class soon. Tomorrow morning I plan on going to the market. Last week I bought us a pasty to share. (Short "a" sound, not what strippers put on their boobies.) They are a British treat that's kind of a cross between a pot pie and empanada. I bought the beef and potato, which is cooked with Ninkasi (a Eugene brewed) beer. It was great! We shared one and tomorrow we will have to each get our own. It was too yummy to share! The booth is called Cousin Jack's and they sell them at my fave store here, Market of Choice. During the day (while Jim meets with his outlining group) I am meeting up with a girl I'm currently working with and her doggie. She has a female black lab. We're going to the dog park and maybe a walk. Then we are having another couple over for dinner. They are a really nice and fun couple. On Sunday will be more studying for Jim of course. But he did promise to go with Trooper and I to Mount Pigsah Arboretum. The leaves are really beautiful right now. It should be a fun Sunday walk. I'm sure the weekend will go by too fast as always. I always have a huge list of things I want to do and/ or accomplish on the weekends and on Sunday night I feel that I haven't even gotten to half of it. Maybe that's part of being an adult. Gah!
I also received sad news that my great Aunt Alice passed away. She was 98 years old! She lived in Ohio and was the sister of my wonderful Grandmother, Betty. I have fond memories of staying the week at Alice's in the suburbs of Cleveland every summer. She would take me to Burlington Coat Factory and buy me school clothes or take me to the art museum.
Trooper and I are going to relax together until our favorite guy gets home. Trader Joe's just got in a wine I really like, Well Read. ($6 for organic wine!) We're all looking forward to sleeping in!

No comments: