Sunday, October 17, 2010

Autumn Days


This is one of the eggplants I used in my recipe (see below.) There are such pretty veggies at the market.


Trooper even got his paws wet at Mount Pigsah Arboretum. Jim's drinking coffee from the Wandering Goat.


I thought this tree trunk was cool. We all climbed over it.


It's tough being an adventurous puppy.



Jim made roast beef and we watched 60 Minutes and Big Love.

We had a very busy weekend. Yesterday I went to the market and stocked up on veggies and pasties. Then I met up with a girl I've been working with and we took our dogs to a dog park and went to lunch. I came home and cleaned and cooked and we had a couple over for dinner. I made penne with eggplant puree and Italian sausage. So good! It was a really fun dinner. When we woke up today I made bacon and eggs (fresh from the Saturday market!) and we loaded up the doggie and drove to Mt. Pigsah Arboretum. The leaves in town are changing but they weren't quite yet at the Arboretum. We walked around and explored. Trooper was in full hunting mode! He was sniffing and tracking something. (Maybe a cougar?) We were laughing so hard. As usual, he had a good time. When we came home Jim went to school and I was in task mode. Oil change, shopping, cooking, laundry, etc. I felt very productive. I made a veggie lasagna for tomorrow night. I am hoping to finally go the Eugene Running Club after work, so it will be ready in the fridge for dinner. I gave Trooper a bath; he was a dirty puppy! While I worked out Jim made a roast beef (so good!) and I'd made cheesy potatoes, carrots, and pumpkin bars for dessert. We had a really good autumn feast. Next weekend looks busy too. We are going to a potluck on Friday (dogs are invited!) and some Halloween function at the law school on Saturday. Tomorrow I am back at work at the mall office. Another nice weekend wraps up.

No comments: