Friday, October 8, 2010

TGIF


Tonight I made Giada's Carbonara. YUM! Hopefully semi raw egg yolks don't gross you out. I also added pancetta. I think you should too.
Last night I got my first hair cut since July! I went to an "Aveda Apprentice." I was looking for a discount. It was a nice guy and he did a great job except when it came to my bangs. He had to call in back up. He was getting really stressed out. I was very attached to my hair stylist in Illinois. If we can afford to fly to Illinois for Christmas she is high on my list of people to visit.
Back to work at the mall again today. The people are very nice and they have tasks for me to do all day. The only hard thing is how much I miss my doggie all day. It seems like they'll be needing me at least a month or maybe even two. I'm happy to be a productive member of society as well as a financial contributor to our household. I try not to let myself day dream too much about the Etsy shop I dream of starting or all of the food I'd like to cook or bake.
After work Jim and I went to the Breast Cancer run "Pink Up" and I got my race day stuff. They even had youth large tees, which are much better for me than the adult small. Whenever there's a race survey I always write "get X-small tees!" But they rarely do. Jim has promised to take me out to breakfast after my run. That will motivate me to run a bit faster to get to my breakfast!
After the Pink Up we walked Trooper around Skinner Butte park and found a rose garden I'd never visited. It was a nice family walk along the river. Trooper has had so much puppy energy lately. Maybe it's because I've started him on a jogging regimen.
Tomorrow I plan to ride my bike to the farmer's market and library. Jim has a study group at school during the day. I already have a long list of things I'd like to do while he's there. Tomorrow night is a birthday party for one of Jim's friends and on Sunday we're having two girls over to dinner, one of which went to high school with Jim and randomly moved to Eugene this August as we did.
I've got some red wine, chocolate truffles and jammies calling my name.

If you love doggies like me, check out Alicia Paulson's blog today. I think her doggie looks a bit like Trooper.

No comments: