Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sunday Funday

This weekend flew by again! Yesterday I went to the market. I bought purple carrots (will post a pic soon). I also bought a lot of apples. I forgot how good fresh apples are in the fall! The first batch was so good I texted Jim just to remark how good they were. (We both try to eat at least one apple and one banana a day.) Bought some sale fabrics, took Trooper to PetSmart, and went to the mall. I was excited to do a little clothes shopping now that I am making a bit of money. I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, because I'm very lucky in life, but it feels like we've been watching our money for awhile, ever since we started saving for our wedding, really. So I treated myself to a little bit of clothes and will now go back to penny pinching again. Then we went out for drinks at the Eugene City Brewery. I've met a few more girls who are really nice and hoping to hang out with them more. Today was my first 5K in Eugene. Of course, it was pouring rain. My slightly hungover husband woke up and took our doggie (in his pink bandana) to watch me run. It was a pretty big run. The timer said just over 28 minutes when I finished, but I think my official chip time will be at least 30 seconds less. I always enjoy 5Ks because I usually get to run in areas that I wouldn't otherwise go to. We ran on trails along the river. I was motivated to run fast to get out of the cold rain. It was great to see Jim and Trooper at the end. I was so cold by the time we walked back to our apartment. After I changed and dried off we went to breakfast at a place called Studio One. I had the french toast meal which was awesome. The french toast was made with challah bread. Just what I needed after my run. Then we went grocery shopping for the week. Jim went to school for more studying this afternoon and I mopped, baked, did laundry, etc. I thought I'd have time for a nap but not so much. I made chicken stew with biscuits for dinner and chocolate chip cookies for dessert. We had a girl who went to high school with Jim over for dinner. She also moved to Eugene this fall to get a Masters in Education. She brought her roommate with her who was from Naples and Sarasota. It was a fun weekend but we are both tired and ready for bed. 6am workout tomorrow morning before work. Hopefully I can take Trooper on a long walk after work.

No comments: