Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Blog Post 100!


Sleepy puppy!

I have now posted 100 blog posts! Woohoo!
I wish everyone could witness how cute our doggie looks right now. After work I jogged him over to the dog park. I made eggplant sammies for dinner. Trader Joe's sells frozen breaded eggplant. I cook it, put it on buns, and cover it with marinara and cheese. It's so good! I also made home made pizza puffs for a snack. Jim was fond of them, of course!
It's been getting cold here at night, sometimes down in the 30s. We haven't turned the heat on yet. We don't have a furnace but instead have electric wall heaters. I have already pulled out my flannel jammies and sweat shirts. I made myself a cup of Sleepytime tea and thought how much I love the smell and taste of Sleepytime (and the bear that is on the package.) I was thinking how comforting the flavor is. Kind of an old friend. Like the Paul Simon's voice of the tea world.
We are starting to plan our trip to Illinois in January. It looks like Megan will be coming to Eugene for New Years Eve AND my birthday (yay!!). So if she comes then we're looking at heading to Illinois a few days after Jan. 2. I'm really looking forward to returning to my beloved Midwest. My only concern is where we'll leave Trooper. It will also be nice for Jim to get a long break from school. Even if it's cold and frozen I'm sure Illinois will wonderful.
Jim's working hard on a paper/ memo due Friday morning. There's a Thursday night football game tomorrow and I'm hoping it won't get too loud around here. I'm looking forward to another nice weekend with my husband and dog.

No comments: