Sunday, February 20, 2011

Where Did My Weekend Go?

Isn't that the never ending question?

Last night we watched the movie Shine, which was really good. I think I fell asleep on the new couch (Jim gave me the chaise for the evening!) by 10pm or possibly earlier. And I slept until after 8am this morning. Darn, it felt good.

We woke up to sunshine and no rain, so I took Trooper to the dog park and on a long walk. We were outside for at least an hour and a half. Jim went to school, as he has some sort of paper/ brief type thing due tomorrow. Lucky for him, all of his classes have been canceled tomorrow, so he can focus on that. Trooper and I went to dog school, which went really well, then I came home and made really yummy stuffed peppers.

I don't want to alarm my blog readers, but Trooper exhibited some weird behavior while we were eating dinner tonight. His head and neck started shaking as if he was shivering very hard. We thought we'd seen this one morning a few months ago, but then thought maybe he was just sniffing or something and brushed it off. It happened twice tonight and there was no denying it was some sort of seizure or tremor. I don't know if it was a full seizure, as his eyes didn't roll back and he was fully alert the whole time, it just looked like he was shivering. A few minutes later he was walking around and wagging his tail. I, on the other hand, was sobbing. If you've read my blog or know me at all, you know that I love my dog so much and he's been my constant during the last nine months of major life changes. As he is estimated to be around two years old or so, I assume I have at least ten to fifteen more years with Trooper. I've put a lot of love into him, whether it's healthy to do so or not. Therefore, I started crying. We decided we would keep an eye on him for now and see if he does it again. Right now he's curled up like a fox on the guest bed and seems a-okay. Maybe it was just an act to see if I'd give him some of the Italian sausage that was in my stuffed pepper. Either way, he's getting some extra love and cuddles tonight.

(If you are concerned about Trooper, please call me, as Jim would like a "Do Not Disturb" sign up for studying purposes.)

No comments: