Sunday, February 27, 2011

Game Night

Another fun weekend.

On Friday night, it was so cold. I think we woke up on Saturday morning to 19 degrees, which is pretty cold for Eugene. Our apartment complex had signs up saying "turn on your heat" and what not. I made us spaghetti carbonara and I fell asleep watching Curb Your Enthusiasm reruns.

On Saturday, I took my Little Sister to Brush Fire, a paint your own pottery place. It was really fun! We both painted a mug and will pick them up next week. I tried to take her to a deli for lunch, but all she wants are chicken nugget Happy Meals. Even though I'm very anti-McDonald's, I couldn't bring myself to send her home hungry, so got her one.

Last night for dinner, Jim made some Pioneer Woman steak sandwiches. OMG. They were so yummy! I highly suggest that you make them.

After dinner, we hosted a little game night. There were five of us and two doggies. It was really fun! The dogs devoured their toys (a lot of stuffing was picked up!) and we had drinks and played Split Decision, a pretty fun game. I made Ina's macaroons (always a hit, especially since I add chocolate chips) and had some snacks out (including Trader Joe's fried macaroni and cheese bites!)

I am going to work on some sewing and cooking today which will be so nice on a cloudy (with a chance of rain/ snow) day. Trooper and I have puppy class later this afternoon and Jim will be studying away. Otherwise, I hope we all get some relaxing in.

Also, we haven't seen Trooper have any shakes since Friday night. We've stopped giving him the steroids. He's been itching a bit, but we're wondering if it's all thyroid related. He seems healthy and happy otherwise (except when he gets jealous that his dad is playing with other dogs!) Thanks again for all of the concerns for my sweet little doggie.

Also, less than two weeks until my wonderful, darling Vanessa arrives for the weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: