Friday, February 4, 2011

Snow Jealous!

Although I may feel differently if I was living in Illinois, I was rather jealous all week of the fun blizzard pics I kept seeing on Facebook. I love snow, especially early in the season. By February it gets old. The college that I used to teach at part time has been closed since Tuesday. I loved snow days! I loved baking and watching the big white flakes fall out of our large living room window. Jim's response to that is the he remembers having two hour commutes and scraping off the car. I do too, but I'd still like one or two good snow falls. I do not miss driving in the snow and ice or the biting cold winds of February. But when March arrives you are so thankful for spring and daffodils and robins and all those fun spring things. I've already seen daffodils poking their heads out here. It freezes a bit at night but by the end of February we may have spring flowers. We've also been so lucky to not have rain for quite a few days. I rode my bike to work three times this week which feels great. I especially love it when I leave work and can get some fresh air. I'll have to post a pic of my super cute pink bike that Jim bought me for my birthday last year.
Another busy weekend is in store. Last night I watched Grey's Anatomy with some gals. We are hoping to get some major relaxing in tonight. I love those Fridays when we put in a movie and fall asleep early! Saturday is my day with my Little Sister. I'm on the fence about what to do with her, especially if it rains. I was thinking about visiting a raptor rescue center, but we'll see. Then we are going to dinner and to see Legally Blond The Musical! And Sunday is the Super Bowl. Puppy classes have been postponed just for the game. We'll be watching it at a 1L's apartment.
In other news, Trooper seems to be doing well. He's still on steroids (which I hate to give him, but he does get some short term relief). No news of our couch delivery. I can't wait to get it! Jim's working hard (he had 150 pages of reading last night!) and is searching hard for a summer job. He's also doing stuff with a Green Building club and I think he's going to a conference or something in Portland in the beginning of April. An overnighter. Trooper and I will miss him but will probably stock up on wine and Hugh Grant movies while he's gone.
So TGIF readers! Hopefully I'll have some new arts and crafts to blog about this weekend!

No comments: