Friday, June 10, 2011

Update

Trooper is doing fine.  The allergist said to take him off all medicines for 72 hours to see if his GI tract cleared up, which it did.  Tonight we'll start back on the atopica, and after we see how that goes, he'll start back on the anti-fungal that he has to take with it. 
I, on the other hand, am ALLERGIC right now.  I've never been so allergic.  I woke up with swollen eyes.  So far Clartin and Zyrtec are useless.  I'm hoping the pollen lets up soon. 
Tomorrow I am going fishing with BBBS.  It's actually in the same spot that Jim and I went hiking on our anniversary!  It will be at the reservoir at the base of the two waterfalls.  My LS and I have had a few issues this week.  Her mom gave her a cell phone (she's 10) and has been very excited to call me.  She tried to call me 8 times in one day.  I have had a few talks with her about boundaries.  The final straw was when she called me twice at 11:30pm (to tell me she had to get stitches after she was hit in the head with a softball).  Then I really had to lay down the law about calling me, with her and her mom.  Hopefully the message was heard.  We have to leave for fishing at 7am, so she tried to back out, but her mom said she had to go.  I think she'll have a lot of fun once we get there.  I guess mentoring isn't always easy but it's worth it.

No comments: