Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Bespectacled

I have known since Saturday but didn't blog about it: The Legal Beagle has new reading glasses.  Law school has taken its toll on his eyes.  I needed new contacts and forced him to go to the eye doctor (although he didn't put up too much of a fight.)  Luckily I have eye insurance through my work for both of us.  I took a few pictures of him in his new glasses tonight but he won't let me post them.  He looks very handsome and lawyer-like.  If I do say so.
I realized today that Jim and I met seven years ago this month.  If you're wondering how we met, it was at a small block party in Sycamore, Illinois.  We both went with friends and his friend started hitting on my friend.  So by default Jim and I had to talk.  We went to a second bar and kept talking, and I thought, What a nice guy!  And then my friend was ready to go.  We got ready to go and Jim said good night.  And let me leave!  I was at my car and turned around, walked back in the bar, and gave him my phone number.  And told him to call me.  The Tuesday after that, he called me! I still have the piece of paper I wrote his number down on.  I knew he was the nicest and handsomest guy I'd met and luckily I took some action. 
And that's how we became the DiVerde/ Zika household. 

No comments: