Monday, June 27, 2011

Do You Cobbler?

 Look at these strawberries from the Saturday Market.  Aren't they beautiful?  They were so red when I cut them up.  They taste as beautiful, too.
 Jim LOVES when I make Cuban Sandwiches.  Funny how I never took a picture of the finished sandwich.  I guess we were too hungry.  What's on a Cuban?  Ham, pork (thank you, Market of Choice for having tenderloin in the deli dept!), mustard, Swiss cheese, and dill pickles.  All on a rich Cuban bread (also at Market of Choice.)  I made six of them!!  Slightly disgusting, but it gave us a few lunches for the week.
And finally I made this lovely cobbler.  Although I used the Pioneer Woman recipe, I used less sugar.  And no shortening or lard.  All butter.  Lard scares me, and frankly shortening scares me a lil bit too.  But for some reason pure butter does not.  I know, slightly irrational, but it was a darn good cobbler.  I bought vanilla ice cream (must have the vanilla bean specks for a particular law student in our house) and it was a great summer treat.
And might I mention now what a lovely husband I have.  While I was at yoga he washed all three of our fans to decrease the allergens in our home.  They seriously looked like they'd come from some sort of Steinbeck dust bowl.  What a nice guy.
Wednesday starts the Dudes Weekend around here (plus Amanda.)  Luckily I love all of the Dudes coming to visit.  We have our friend Doug from IL on Wed, Ashwin from FL on Fri, and Harvey the puppy on Sun.  We are also meeting up with my friend Jackson on Sun in PDX. Jim and I are going to a wedding in Salem on Saturday (the house guests will be entertaining themselves) I also have a 10K on the agenda for Monday morning.  Should be pretty fun! 

No comments: