Friday, June 3, 2011

Happy Friday

Friday is upon us.  Tonight is my Book Club meeting.  We've moved to Friday night.  When you're a working gal you go to bed early during the week.  We wanted to have total, unspoiled book fun.  And to drink more wine.  I can't lie.  I made sliders to take, some of which are wrapped in bacon.  The sun has actually been out all day (big news for Eugene) and I'm hoping the sliders and sitting outside will make us feel like summer is upon us.  I'll have to dust off the flip flops for this weekend.
Jim is really enjoying his summer job.  It seems like a great fit for him.  We're still working out the kinks of transportation and puppy duty at lunch.  He walked to work the first two days, about a half hour each way.  Today he rode his bike.  I'm taking the car so that I can come home at lunch to check on Troopie Z.  Hopefully we'll figure out a good mix of biking/ driving/ dog letting outting soon. 
Tomorrow I am hanging out with my LS.  Next week we are going fishing as a group.  Should be fun!  She was recently given a cell phone, which has added an increase in her communication.  Ten seems a little young for a phone, but that's just me.  If we have children, I am going to pretend we're Amish when they're around.  Just kidding of course, but I don't know how parents handle technology.  Gah!

No comments: