Sunday, May 1, 2011

May Day


Today was my first sewing class at Piece by Piece. My next is on May 15th. I signed up for the Simple Dress class. Above is the fabric I am using to make my Schoolhouse Tunic. I felt like I already learned a lot about just reading the pattern and understanding the sewing jargon. If it's a cute tunic, I'll post pics!


While I was at sewing class, Trooper went to the groomer's. When I asked her to cut it short, I didn't realize it'd be quite this short, but it's probably really good for him with all of the pollen in the air and the healing hot spots. His body looks tiny. This picture also makes him look really muscular. I took him to We Suds Em, and she did a great job. I really liked that he wasn't crated, they just put the dogs on a lead in the room that they are working in so they can watch. When I walked in he was sleeping. She said he was a good boy and got LOTS of compliments.


Hair cuts always make him look like he has a big head! He's been a rascal tonight. While we were eating dinner he walked in our bathroom and started drinking from the toilet! I've never seen him do that at home. He had a full water dish in the kitchen. What a funny animal.


I made pulled pork for dinner. When I do this, I cook a pork roast in the Crock Pot all day. Then I make my own cole slaw and BBQ sauce. I shred the pork with two forks, and cover it in the BBQ sauce. I grill up some buns, put down some pork, and top with slaw. Yum!


And now my lil angel is curled up like a fox, with his face in his tail. He ran 3.2 miles in the woods on some tough hills, so he's had a big day. Remember to kiss your puppies tonight and be thankful for them!

No comments: