Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Carbonara Crazy

Jim is officially obsessed with Spaghetti Carbonara.  I use Giada's basic recipe, but add pancetta.  How can you go wrong with pancetta?  I buy Trader Joe's.  It's like a cross between bacon and ham.  And a delight when fried.  There's something so rich and savory about Spaghetti Carbonara.  I love reading about its history too.  I believe Jim ate at least three bowls of it last night. 
We are gearing up for a potentially wonderful holiday weekend.  They're calling for rain most days, but maybe not on Sunday, the big anniversary day.  Jim got our grill out fixed up.  I'm ready for cheeseburgers and other meats. 
It's a rainy day in Oregon today.  Jim and Trooper are at home, listening to jazz.  I envision Trooper staring out the window, contemplating life as a dog.  Hopefully he doesn't think it's too bad. 

No comments: