Monday, May 16, 2011

Busy Bees

Woo I was busy this weekend! Trooper and I finished our Bark in the Park 5K. He was awesome. He ran so fast, it was as if he knew we were running towards something. There were so many funny dogs! There was a fat pug that stopped running after about an eighth of a mile. The funniest thing was that just as we entered the little area to cross the finish line, Trooper dropped on his back and rolled in the grass! Other people and dogs were coming up behind us! They'd just announced, "Amanda Zika and Trooper!" Then the announcer said, "That's a faux pas!" Oh Troops.
After the run we went out to breakfast and I went to my sewing class. Sadly, my garment is not complete. I have one sleeve (yikes) and the skirt left to finish at home. I think I can do it from the pattern. I really learned a lot from being in the class and plan on taking another one this summer.
And finally, after my class, we went to our friend's house to watch the Bulls game. Trooper even went, which he loved.
Jim is in full housewife mode and planning our dinners. I am going to yoga tonight and am so happy to have someone to have my dinner ready when I get home. Jim's heading to Seattle on Thursday and Friday to see our friends. Sadly, I have to work and can't join him. He'll be back by Saturday as I have a fundraiser that I need the car for on Saturday.
Happy Monday!

No comments: