Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Who's Reading This?

Today I decided to add a new gadget to my blog and found I've had over 4,000 page views!! Thank you for reading my blog (whoever you are.) I started this blog mainly for family and friends to follow our adventures in the Pacific Northwest. And to give myself something to do when I wasn't working. I'd say it's also been therapeutic to write down my thoughts and what not, sort of like a journal. And readers, I LOVE comments!

Jim's been working so hard on his brief. He has been at the library late (except for tonight, yay!). Trooper stared out the window for hours last night. Another car parked in our spot and Trooper jumped up and started wagging his tale. Sadly, his dad didn't get out of the car, so it was back to staring. I've taken him for a jog on Monday night and tonight, trying to get his puppy energy out. And get him ready for bikini season. (When I told Jim that, he said he's going to need to get waxed. That made me LOL.)

I tried a great recipe tonight. I bought frozen mahi mahi at TJ's and didn't know what I should do with it. I googled Martha Stewart Mahi Mahi and was directed to a Rick Bayless recipe. I was reminded of fond memories of Friday nights with Jim in our old apartment watching Chicago PBS (Check, Please! followed by Mexico One Plate at a Time). Rather than make my own salsa, I bought Frontera (Rick Bayless's restaurant) salsa of some sort. I also had to bake it for longer than suggested. I loved it. I think the salsa and potatoes tricked Jim into eating the fish. I also have cookie dough in the fridge. I don't know that other law students have it this great :)

I may be going out on the town for St. Patty's day and then to a wedding convention (with an engaged friend) on Friday. Mainly I'm excited to spend the weekend with my loving husband and cute lil pup.

No comments: