Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Week Nights

Last night I made Emeril's Shake Em Up Pork Chops. They were fine. Not bad, but didn't blow my mind. Tonight I'm going to try Ina's Indonesian Chicken. I'm trying to explore new recipes during the week but have a feeling I'll be buying us burritos before the week's up. Jim aims to make one meal a week or so during the semester but will surely make up for it when the semester's over (I know he's reading this!) By the time I exercise and make dinner, I'm pooped. If I'm lucky I get some crafting in, otherwise I watch tv and drink wine until I fall asleep. Last night I fell asleep sharing a couch pillow with my darling doggie. (Who has not had a head seizure since Friday night! Perhaps it was the steroids he was on.)

Our Book Club is starting! We are starting with my suggestion, Water for Elephants, and meeting at our apartment on April 7th. Jim said he didn't mind as long as he gets snacks out of it. After the first month I think we will rotate every month. Right now we have between four and six members.

We are so pleased to have two visitors coming. This weekend Joe and his doggie Debbie will be in Eugene to visit us. Joe is so special to both us and we are happy to share a coast with him (he lives in Seattle.) We are hoping to get in a hike and some beer drinking. And next weekend is a visit from my closest, most wonderful girlfriend, Vanessa. She's journeying all the way from Florida to see us. I can't wait to see her cute little face! I was even able to take off two days from work, so we'll have a four day weekend together. It feels like Christmas is coming!!

No comments: