Sunday, March 6, 2011

Visit


Tonight I made these Oven Braised Short Ribs that I saw on Martha's website. They were really good! I did turn the oven down to 300 (instead of 350) for quite awhile. We had home made chocolate chip cookies (made with whole wheat flour) after.

We were so happy to have our visitor this weekend. On Saturday morning, I took my Little Sister to the park and let her run around on the jungle gym then went jogging with a friend. Shortly after, our friend Joe arrived with his lovely doggie. We took him on a drive around Eugene and took the dogs on a nature walk. Saturday night we went to Jim's favorite bar, the Bier Stein. It was so much fun to have Joe in town. This morning I made them pancakes and bacon and we took the dogs to the dog park. Before we knew the fun was over and Joe had to head home. Sigh. Trooper LOVED having Debbie here. He woke us up a few times in the night scratching at the door, trying to get to her, and was licking Jim's face at 7am to get up. I think he's sad right now, probably missing her.

Jim hooked up our new Roku, a device that will allow us to phase out cable (except for Internet.) So far it seems neat but confusing and different from the way I'm used to watching tv. I'm sure I'll like it once I figure it out. I signed up for a hulu plus account which will allow me to watch the tv programs I like on the Roku (just a day after they are aired on tv.)

Right now Jim petting Trooper because we think he looks depressed. Trooper: it's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.

No comments: