Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Spring is almost here


This is how I found Trooper the other morning! It was raining out before work and time for our walk. You can tell who did NOT want to walk in the rain.

Today really felt like spring. It was around 60 out and didn't rain a lot. We still have the windows cracked at almost 8pm. The daffodils have been out for awhile and the crabapples and magnolias are about a week short of bursting with blooms. My friend and I took our doggies on a jog together after work and they did really well running together! As I told Jim, Trooper needs to get ready for bikini season.
I tried a few more new recipes this week. The first was glazed chicken thighs. It was good, but Trader Joe's only had boneless skinless. I think the glaze would have been better with some skin. The other was a tuna noodle casserole. It was great. I added a breadcrumb topping. Next time I would add even more cheese. I'm just trying to look for a variety of wholesome dinners that aren't too hard to make after work. If you have any suggestions, feel free to post them! Jim is a hungry guy, especially after studying hard and riding his bike to and from school a few times a day. And I'm just a hungry girl. I also like a little variety in my food, so the recipe search is never ending.
Tomorrow is my Friday!! I've accrued vacation days at work and have a four day weekend for Vanessa's visit. I can't wait. I am working away on laundry and what not tonight. Tomorrow I am trying a yoga class with a friend and then it will be Friday morning!

No comments: