Tuesday, March 15, 2011

If Loving My Dog is Wrong, Then I Don't Want to be Right


Look at this little pooper! Sticking out his tongue on graduation day! We love this picture so much. I'm sad that Beginner's Obedience is over. He's learned sit, down, and stay, and we're still working on leave it, drop it, and come. We are going to try to practice every day and eventually move on to Intermediate class. I was very happy with the PetSmart class. So was Trooper!
Trooper seems to be doing better. After being off of the steroids, he hasn't had any shakes, but his itching started again. The allergist recommended Zyrtec, which we started giving him once a day. She said dogs actually metabolize it faster than humans, so he can have it twice a day now. His itching in general has seemed to subside, but before he was getting relief he licked a hot spot on his lil paw. So now he licks and licks it. Jim has been a good puppy dad and disinfects it every day and rubs lotion on it and Gold Bond on Trooper. Once that spot goes away, hopefully he'll be much better. The allergist recommended waiting one full year in this area to complete blood tests. I am hoping we will find out it's not food allergies so I can give him eggs and chicken and less expensive food again, but we're trying to stay on the safe side and limit his diet until we figure it out.


I finished my book club book and you all should read it. I haven't read fiction that I've enjoyed that much in quite awhile. Water for Elephants was a great read! I believe the author has a few more books out that I'll have to check out. I have moved on to a book called McKay's Bees, another piece of fiction that I heard reviewed on NPR. I'm only 12 pages in and it seems okay so far.


I need to get back to being crafty. I have been so busy the last few weeks. My goal is to get back to making and crafting a little every night. We'll see how that goes!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are both adorable!

Amanda said...

Thanks, Judy! I love that lil stinker!