Monday, March 28, 2011

Trooper Update

Who knew that so many posts would be devoted to my dogs health? Maybe someone will read this and find some helpful things for their doggie. We put Trooper on a three day dewormer. You can buy granules over the counter that you sprinkle on his food. I bought it at a farm supply store in town and the vet sells it as Panacur. Trooper had been off of Heartguard Plus since January as a part of his strict diet test. Heartguard Plus protects against all worms. After his second round of dewormer (vet recommended in two weeks) I want to put him back on HP to avoid this issue in the future. Otherwise we had a great weekend. We had a lovely little dinner party on Friday night, where Jim made Ina's chicken picatta (my favorite thing he makes! You should make it with panko bread crumbs like my wonderful husband does). I took my Little Sister out and about on Saturday and had drinks with people from work. Sunday was Domestics Day: mopping, vacuuming (I seriously feel we could vacuum every day between the dog hair and mud getting tracked in), and cooking. I made a yummy meatloaf and cheesy potatoes for dinner (although my meatloafs don't quite take on the loaf form and are served as more of a meat pile) and prepped Ina's Turkey Lasagna for dinner tonight. (You should make that lasagna. And don't skimp on the goat cheese!) Jim went back to school today. Back to business!

No comments: