Friday, March 18, 2011

Sans Camera

I have come to realize I should carry my camera at all times. Eugene is full of colorful characters and the amusement doesn't end. After work, I took Trooper for a jog and to the dog park and then headed out to celebrate St. Patty's day with friends (Jim was working on his brief.) As my girlfriend and I were walking to the bar, we saw a small cat on a leash, wearing a cape. How I wish I had a picture of that. And then we saw a bag pipe parade, another good photo op. It was a fun night but knowing I had to work early put a little bit of a damper on the festivities. (We did share a doughnut from the delightful Voodoo Doughnuts on the way home.) When I left, I remembered we needed berries and creamer (two vital parts of our morning) so stopped at Safeway. In front of me in line was an old man wearing Uggs. He bough a pair of sunglasses (funny enough in Eugene) and two large garden statues that looked to be snails. Yep, sunglasses and lawn decor at the grocery store at 10:30pm. It never ends.

Jim (should) officially be on Spring Break now! I am hoping he is napping and watching tv and playing with his pup. I am going to a wedding expo after work (with an engaged friend) and we are hoping that our gentlemen will meet us for food and drinks after.

I will make sure to bring a camera.

1 comment:

smithktroll said...

we need to get you a phone w/ a camera. I'd enjoy seeing the cat/leash/cape pic :-)