Thursday, August 19, 2010

What this gal does

I've been keeping myself pretty busy while Jim's at school. Aside from looking for jobs and applying online, I make sure to fill my day while I'm not working. After Trooper and I drive Jim to school, we have been taking a walk at Alton Baker Park. There are other people, dogs, and ducks and geese (which Trooper would like to eat.) Then I either jog in our neighborhood or go to our apartment's fitness room to work out. Although we have cable, I've been restricting tv watching to lunch time and after dinner so I don't become a tv addict! I've also been driving around Eugene a bit and trying to learn my way around. This morning I stopped in at the Eugene Runners Company and inquired about their running club. They meet on Mondays at 6pm, so I may have to check that out. I also already heard back from the Eugene Science Factory Children's Museum and they asked if I could start volunteering next weekend. In the next few days, I'll be getting my art table in order so I can start sewing and painting. Jim's at school until 5pm today, so Trooper and I will head to campus a bit before that to meet him. Until then, we'll be putting the apartment in order and checking online for more jobs. I'm very thankful to have Trooper or life would be a lot more lonely all day. He keeps me company and makes me laugh quite a bit.

No comments: