Saturday, August 21, 2010

Etouffee


Last night I made Emiril's Shrimp Etouffee. My one modification was that I used chicken broth instead of shrimp stock. We both thought it turned out really well. The pic doesn't show it, but I garnished it with fresh green onions, which added a great taste.
After dinner, we went to the law school pub crawl. It was nice to meet Jim's new classmates.
This morning I went to the Eugene market downtown. It's huge! I wanted fresh eggs and many stands had goose, duck, turkey, etc, etc eggs. I settled for old fashioned chicken. I also got a lot of veggies as well as berries.
Tonight we are going to a friend's house for a BBQ and Monday we are going to the law school BBQ (I was going to go to the Monday run for the Eugene Runner's Club that night, but looks like I'll have to go next week). Jim has another reception on Wednesday. They really host a lot for the new students!

No comments: